Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Goggle Reader and Labels

I dabbled into Goggle Reader last night and added the blogs of those in my class to Goggle Reader. Well today I played around with it a bit and learned that as I read through blogs that people had posted the number of blog entries to read automatically decreased. I was able to read through all the blogs of my classmates (ok - some I scanned) and I now know there is nothing left for me to read in their blogs as of 11:59 p.m. I now understand why Alec Couros was encouraging us to use Goggle Reader; I do not have to go to the participant page on the EC & I 831 Wiki (http://eci831.wikispaces.com/Directory) to find the blogs of my classmates and that can save a person quite a bit of time. I am wondering how to organize folders in Goggle Reader; I will have to visit the course tutorial and see what it says.

I am also wondering about the labels that we can attach to our blogs. I just started adding them to my last couple of blogs and I noticed I got more feedback from others on the web. I'm guessing by adding labels I make it easier for web surfers to find my writing with a goggle search. I think I'll do a search to test my hunch!

1 comment:

Ted S said...

Yes tags make finding content easier. Now and then I slip a strange tag in the blog and see different readers . One tool you may want to add to your blog is FeedJit, it shows where the readers came from and what method they used to find your blog. Sort of neat. Tough for old guys like us to learn new tricks