Today was one of those days when I was reminded how frustrating technology can be. It began innocently enough; my printer which had been away since June was finally returned to me yesterday and I decided it was time to put it to action again. I proudly switched printer on my first attempt at printing smug in my knowledge that I wouldn't have to risk printing to our constantly jamming photocopier! Well I hit print and nothing. No happy wirring from the printer, no sign that it had even received my order to print; I checked the printer and everything seemed to be right but nothing happened. I thought about this for a minute and then I remembered I hadn't hooked up the usb cable to the printer - that would be the problem. Sure enough after a brief look for the cable and then a long wait to get back into my office because my phone had been borrowed I had the printer working beautifully!
Well then I had a student transfer back to our school and so I did the paper work and went to print her schedule - for some reason the two printers I have available to me were not available to me to print from and so I had to find a secretary to print it for me. Well during this time a tutor got on our copier which is also the secretary's printer; guess who had to wait! Then the darn thing jammed and I waited some more; finally it printed and I picked it up and went to make the student a copy and the copier jammed. At this point, I could have been converted to Ludditism! Nevertheless, I persevered and finally sent the student on her way.
It was then that I remembered I had a memo to produce for the bus drivers. This time my computer was able to connect to my printer and I quickly finished and printed the memo. I grabbed it and went to photocopy it and... well check out the video ... it wasn't as bad but it was a jammed copier I gave up on as I handed the task to our secretary and went outside to supervise buses and cool off!!!