Sunday, October 19, 2008

People don't always do what the say they will!

I bumped into one of the online adult students in Church today and I lingered after Mass to see how things were going for her because I'd been away most of the week. She told me she had done some of the orientation unit, but was having some problems that she wanted help with. She asked if I would be at school in the afternoon and when I confirmed that I would she said she would drop by. Unfortunately, there was no visit and I am in the dark about what her issues were. I guess this will be one of the challenges of my project. I want to support online learners, but I can't do it for them. They have to want to be successful and be willing to take the help when it is offered or available. This is the second time I'd made arrangements with an adult learner who wanted help and then didn't show. I'm little disappointed, but I have to remember this is a research project and the human variable is the reason it needs to be studied and reflected upon.

No comments: